Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Matriarchs of the Carpenter Family

The Carpenter family had their annual reunion this past weekend at the home of my cousin, Dave Rundhaug. My cousin, Diane, was kind enough to send us some photos, and I wanted to share the following with you.On the left is Ruth Carpenter. I'm not certain of her age, but I know it's in her early 80's. Her husband was my Uncle Mayne. His name was George Maynard, and while my dad called him George, all of the rest of us called him Mayne. She just started having oxygen 24 hrs. a day due to breathing difficulties. She lives with her daughter, Diane, in Byron Center. (Previous reunions have met at Diane's home.) In the middle you see Dorothy, my mom, who turns 83 on September 14. The lady on the right is Gladys Porter. She is my dad's sister. In birth order, she is #3 and also in her 80's. She lives in a retirement home in a Detroit suburb. Her husband, Dick, passed away several years ago.

No comments: