Friday, August 15, 2008

Sew Much to Learn

One of the things that Jordan wanted to do while visiting us this summer is to learn how to sew. Boy, did she ever get a chance to do that. She spent several days each week at Jennifer's making a quilt. I wasn't there for that event, but Jordan also got to pick out fabric and cut out a nightgown with me. She learned how to find the pattern pieces, place them correctly on the fabric, pin and then cut them out. We found a large piece of purple gingham in my fabric "stash", so Jordan recommended that we make three nightgowns altogether: one for her and one each for her cousins Maya and Sarah. That way, when they have sleepovers, they can all match.






Because Jordan was also doing actual sewing on a sewing machine making a quilt at Jennifer's, I ended up sewing this project. After all, a 9 year old can only stand to have sew much fun when they are learning a new skill. I will try to get photos of her finished quilt included in my blogs when Jennifer gets it assembled.

No comments: