Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mt. Rainier: one of the most beautiful places around

On Labor Day weekend, Herm and I drove up to Mt. Rainier because we were hopeful that we could see the mountain and all of the wild flowers. Unknown to me, Herm made reservations at the historic lodge at Paradise. When we got there, it was raining, and there was no mountain in sight. When we woke up on Monday morning, the rain had stopped, but the clouds were around the inn. As I was sitting on the bed reading in our room, I glanced out the window, and this is what I saw. It gave me hope that we would have a great day on the mountain, and I was not disappointed as you will see in the following pictures.



What a handsome guy! Love that hat ;-)


Yes, my nose is red because it was only in the low 30's. B-r-r-r!

We heard a whistling in this area, and we found this marmot, the source of the sound.


I will do another blog with all of the wildflowers we saw, so be sure and check it out.

No comments: