Monday, October 20, 2008

Even 3-year-olds can be a blessing

One of the things I wanted to do this school year was to have my 3-year-old preschoolers be involved in some sort of an outreach into the community. Our school is located across the street from an assisted living facility. I am quite familiar with it, because our neighbor spent the last few months of his life there, so I visited this place on a regular basis. So I contacted the office there and asked if my class could bring birthday cards at the beginning of each month that could be distributed to the residents on the appropriate dates. She told me how many to make, and at the end of September I delivered them.

Today, I got the following thank you:

"3-year-old class: thank you for the birthday card. That is so very thoughtful! I liked the decorations you added to the card. Have a wonderful life. Thank you again - you really brightened my day."

We bless many people every day and don't even know it. But today, God allowed this teacher and 16 boys and girls to find out that a simple act of kindness makes a difference. That's why I'm passing it along to you. And during this week and the next, we have 5 more cards to make so that the blessings will continue.

No comments: