Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mighty Mountain Maples

Today my husband and I drove up to the North Fork of the Santiam River to take a hike back to see a waterfall. The day was cool (about 60 degrees), but it was sunny which is a rare commodity around here this late in October. I'm including the following photos so you can appreciate what the northwest looks like in the fall. Hope you can come and enjoy it with us some day. When I saw the size of these maple leaves, I could hardly believe my eyes. Rather than trying to describe how big they were, I put my hand on it to make it more believable.



The moss on this branch created a perfect photo with Halloween next week.

The name of this waterfall is Little Falls.

This view made the hike all worth it. I took it at the same place the previous picture was taken. All I did was look downriver.


No comments: